These are our statutory duties for public engagement outlined in the
Health and Social Care Act 2012 Section 14Z2
The clinical commissioning group must make arrangements to secure that individuals to whom the services are being or may be provided are involved (whether by being consulted or provided with information or in other ways):
- in the planning of the commissioning arrangements by the group,
- in the development and consideration of proposals by the group for changes in the commissioning arrangements where the implementation of the proposals would have an impact on the manner in which the services are delivered to the individuals or the range of health services available to them, and
- in decisions of the group affecting the operation of the commissioning arrangements where the implementation of the decisions would (if made) have such an impact.
1. Each clinical commissioning group must, in the exercise of its functions, have regard to the need to
2. Reduce inequalities between patients with respect to their ability to access health services, and
3. Reduce inequalities between patients with respect to the outcomes achieved for them by the provision of health services.
1. Prepare annual report to explain how we have met these duties
2. Consult with health and wellbeing board to prepare report
Public Engagement and Equalities Forum Terms of Reference
Public reference group terms of reference