Every GP practice in Lewisham now offers online access, enabling you to perform a range of services via your computer, tablet or mobile. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online with a GP or nurse
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP health record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
The service is free. Anyone who is registered with a GP can have access to their practice's online services. For more details, see How can I start using GP online services?
If you are not yet registered with a GP practice see our information about how to register with a GP practice.
How can I start using GP online services?
To sign up for online services:
1. Tell your GP practice that you would like to start using their online services
2. A member of the practice will then ask you to fill in a short form
3. You will have to provide photo ID and proof of address. If you do not have any ID then either a member of staff will have to confirm your identity or you may have to answer questions about personal information in your GP record
4. Once you have signed up, you will receive a letter with your unique username and password and a link to where you can log in
Ready to use online services?
If you have already received your username and password, you can log in here to start using online services
The online services available to you will depend on the online system your GP practice uses. You can ask your practice what services they offer when you sign up.
"I'm not good with the internet – where can I get help?"
There are a number of different services for people who need internet training such as UK online centres. Others are provided by local authorities, colleges and charities. The best place to start would be your local library.
Get tips on this website to help you become a more confident internet user, including how to keep yourself and others safe online.