Our Healthier South East London
In December 2015, health and care systems were asked to come together to create their own ambitious local blueprint for implementing the Five Year Forward View, up to March 2021, known as Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs). The final plan for south east London is now available. The latest information can be found on the Our Healthier South East London website. The full plan and a summary can be downloaded.
Our Healthier South East London is a health and care strategy led by a partnership of NHS providers and Clinical Commissioning Groups serving the boroughs of Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark, working with NHS England (London).
The strategy is being developed with local councils, primary and community care services, the six borough Healthwatch organisations and local people and patients.
The focus is on achieving improvements in physical and mental health in the following areas:
The strategy aims to improve health, reduce health inequalities and ensure the provision of services that meet safety and quality standards consistently and are sustainable in the longer term.
A key component of this is to develop a strong foundation of community based care to support people to live healthier lives, make services more joined up and make sure that everyone gets the care and outcomes they expect from their NHS.
Read more about the strategy
Why change things?
In Lewisham and the rest of south east London we have some very good health services. People are living longer and many people are healthier.
But there are a number of issues that need to be addressed:
- Too many people live with preventable ill health or die too early
- The outcomes from care vary significantly and high quality care is not available all the time
- We don't always treat people early enough to have the best results
- People's experience of care is variable and can be much better
- Patients tell us that their care is not joined up between different services
- The money to pay for the NHS is limited and need is continually increasing
- Every one of us pays for the NHS and we have a responsibility to spend this money well
Read more about the case for change
Find out more
To find out more about Our Healthier South East London, to read the case for change, or to discover events to participate in, and other ways to contribute your views, visit the programme website, www.ourhealthiersel.nhs.uk
You can also follow @ourhealthiersel for the latest programme news.
Page updated 12.04.16